Proteins In Chicken Meat As A Source Of Animal Protein


Chicken meat is one of the most common meats eaten worldwide. It’s easy to eat and packs loads of protein in it. Chicken breast, for example, is a part of the chicken, is one of the biggest parts in a chicken. This means it contains a significant amount of the total amount of proteins you get when you eat chickens.

Although it’s not among the top sources of omega-three acids, it gives more EPA and DHA omega-three acids than other animal proteins like beef, pork or lamb. Chicken also delivers other nutrients like phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, iron, and some B vitamins.

Proteins in Chicken Meat as A Source Of Animal Protein

However, different parts of chickens have different protein contents. Chicken breast is the BEST and most nutritious part of the chicken.

How Much Protein is in Chicken Meat?

After skinning, a three and a half-ounce of chicken gives 165 calories and 31 grams of protein. But this ratio of fat, calories and protein varies in its different cuts.

Chicken Breast

Proteins are vital in our daily meals. They are responsible for the growth of tissue and serve as an alternative source of calories. Nutritionists are especially interested in proteins for people planning on losing weight.

High protein meals, can help you lose weight, build and maintain muscles. Chickens come in different cuts, thighs breast, wings and drumsticks. These different parts carry different amounts of protein, fat and calories, so different parts affect your diet differently.

The chicken breast is one of the most common cuts of chicken eaten. A chicken breast has the most protein content in a chicken. A skinless cooked chicken of let’s say 172 grams has as much as 52 grams of protein. This is a good protein bite if you’re sticking to a protein diet. This means you get as much as 31 grams of protein in every 100 grams of chicken breast you eat.

Chicken Breast Meat Also Has Other Nutritional Benefits

A chicken breast has 165 to 284 calories in every 100 grams. 80% of its protein is protein base while the other 20% comes from fat. In the end, you see that if you plan on starting a protein diet or you decide to eat loads of protein, chicken breast is something you should definitely get.

Notably, chicken breasts are famously eaten by bodybuilders and dieters who want to lose weight. Its high protein content and low fat/carbohydrate value allow you to eat as much chicken as you wish. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about consuming too many calories and gaining weight.

Proteins in Chicken Meat as A Source Of Animal Protein

Chicken Thigh

Chicken thighs don’t deliver as much as chicken breast when you want to get the best amount of proteins. But, chicken thighs give 50% more zinc and iron when compared to chicken breast. A skinned thigh delivers 209 calories and 26 grams of protein with about 11 grams of fat.

Consequently, chicken wings are also excellent sources of other nutrients which you won’t find in high quantities when you have chicken breast.

Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter